Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Still here!

Hello friends!  I am still here and still going..just too busy to update!

Weeks ago I saw that the local Lady Fitness was giving a free membership for the month of November.  I love the gym..well..I love lifting weights!  So I was so excited to soak up my free month!  On the 9th I went over there and started!  (okay..I actually signed up because they have a deal going for only $15 a month and since we figured we could swing that we decided I should do it).  I went that night and the next night, then I went M-Thursday the next week and I went last night.  I have been a bit bored with just the walking/jogging on the treadmill and elliptical.  

I had an appointment last Wednesday to meet with one of the trainers to just get my weight limit set and we were doing legs.  I almost cancelled it because I just didn't feel like going..but I was SO glad I did!  I went there and lifted SO much weight on my legs!  I realized all my weight amounts were the same I was doing in college and high school.  So I KNOW it's there..just hidden by a few inches of yuck!  So that made me really excited!  

Then last night I rode the bike 13 miles in 37 minutes.  Yep..that's right..a little less than 3 minutes a mile!  I have found a new love for the bike!  Now I just need to do some hand weights or something while I'm riding it!  (and I wouldn't mind a real bike for me to ride either)!!  

I still do exercise in the morning because I just LOVE working out in the morning..though that's not as consistent as my nighttime exercise!  I'm excited for this venture and I just pray that I'm not disappointed the next time I weigh myself!  

I am so glad that I have encouragement and advice from so many friends!  I love you all!  I am grateful for a loving husband who knows how bad I want this and is there to push me out the door sometimes, willing to be home alone with the kids every night, and happy and in love with me..no matter what!  I love you Husby!  I am thankful for my gym buddy!  She has so much confidence in me that I'm so glad she and Cory are there when I am having doubts!  I love you Nat!

(plus I went and got some pants yesterday..a size 18!  Okay..I know that's not MUCH..but it is a pant size down!)

2 comments:

  1. Go Kasey!! Keep up the work. Don't ever be discouraged if the scale doesn't show what you want.. just KEEP exercising! Consistency is the biggest thing and while you're building the muscle that will burn the fat, the scale might not always go down immediately. It will continue to go down if you keep up the work. I promise! 15 bucks a month for a gym membership is KILLER! That is so awesome. It is such a huge thing to have a husband that loves you just the way you are but supports you in your journey to a healthier you. So proud of you! I know personally how incredibly hard it is. You will be my motivation when I have this baby.. to get my rear in gear again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! Great job. It's not an easy thing to do, but you're on your way! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete