Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving....exercise??

Yep that's right..I exercised on Thanksgiving!  It wasn't the typical exercise..running..biking..lifting..etc.  I played sports!  Oh how I've missed it!  I've always considered myself an athlete.  I love playing sports, even when it wasn't a sport that came naturally to me.  I kinda just assumed I was "too fat" to really participate and enjoy it anymore..I was wrong!  I loved it and missed it so much!

In the morning we went and played volleyball for 2 hours.  Serving, setting, spiking, blocking, returning, digging.  I loved every minute of it!  I worked muscles in my legs and abs that I haven't reached yet doing my other exercise.  It's amazing how your body responds and how much of your body you use when you play sports!  I had never thought of it before..it was just something that came to me!  It was a blast..even the NASTY bruises I got on my knees from diving for the ball!

After we ate we played football!  Running, throwing, blocking, diving.  Fun!  (I feel on my bruised knees twice though..OUCH)!  It was another great not-workout workout!

I tell you what, I was SO sore!  My quads were super sore and most of the time I felt fine..but stairs..ouch..and Cory's parent's have lots of stairs in their house!  I was definitely feeling it in my quads and obliques for days.  It felt.....SO...GOOOOOD..though!  I really want to play more sports and instead of letting my weight stop me, I want to let the sports help my weight!  I can't wait to play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment