Monday, December 19, 2011

Another 1 down...5 more to go!

Am I the only one who notices the "little things" that make you think "hmm..am I really losing weight?"  We have a van (I know..UGH!) and a car right now.  When I drive the car I have to scoot the seat up quite a bit because I am short and can't reach the pedals but when I try to get out (the seats are low so I've got to twist and pull from the bucket seats) my stomach hits the steering wheel.  I got sick of that so I started moving the seat back when I needed to get out.  Well...lately I haven't been needed to move the seat back.  I think.."am I losing weight or do I not have the seat up as far as usual?"  Then there's "are my sweatshirts really fitting me differently or am I imagining it?"  And once again, I believe the later.  And also, "wow..I didn't get tired carrying full laundry baskets up and down the stairs a couple of times."

Well..for about a week I've been curious as to if my old size 16's would fit or not...finally on Friday I decided to grab a pair and put them on.  I was fully expecting them to make it to my butt and stop..like before..but they kept going...on..and zipped and buttoned!  I was quite shocked..and actually rather giddy!  (VERY different emotions from the first time I put them on and they fit..which was sometime close to after Haylee and Peyton were born..yep..3 years ago!)  I just could NOT believe it!  They were actually comfortable and not that tight!  I doubt I will wear them on a daily basis just yet though.  They make me a bit more self conscious about my stomach..but I do wear them with baggier shirts and sweatshirts!  

Cory's been telling me he can see that I'm losing weight..but I never believe it and discount it as "he's my husband he has to tell me those things."  I constantly ask Cory if it's going to work.  
"Am I really going to lose all the weight?"  
"Am I ever going to look like me again?"
"Will it work?"
So..here's to hard work and dedication.  I know the road ahead is going to be a long one, but I can actually see it paying off.  Which is something I've been doubting..so I've been needing this.  Seeing the improvement gives me the much needed kick in the butt to keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Kasey! you are doing amazing and I'm so proud of you. Today I worked out for the first time in about a year and a half, besides running here and there, and I about DIED just doing 30 minutes. It's definitely hard work to keep it up but I'm proud of you and KNOW it will be worth it. I love you!

    ReplyDelete